Some users these days have www.holasearch.com integrated into their browsers. Why is it so? Primarily this happens when they install certain software (freeware or shareware). The installer of such program may be bundled with the installer of Hola Search bar. When users choose the default installation they don’t uncheck the boxes responsible for installation of additional applications, like Hola Search add-on. As a result, www.holasearch.com appears in all their installed browsers as a start page. Some users are quite happy with this, yet we believe there are very few of them. In many cases users simply didn’t notice any additional installation, apart of the initial software they wanted to install. As a result, their search queries are redirected through Hola Search. The developers of this search bar promise that the search results through this add-on will be pretty much optimized and improved. We can’t say anything negative or positive about this statement, yet in certain cases this add-on may be installed without user’s approval or even consent.
If you consider the presence of Hola Search on your browser annoying, you surely want to get rid of this redirection issue. But remember – most probably this add-on came to your system because of your failure to uncheck the respective box during the installation of other software. Yet, in some cases this search bar comes to browsers without letting users know, i.e. without user’s participation. In such cases it is obvious that this is a kind of a potentially unwanted application that hijacked your browser. How to get rid of it? We first recommend you to follow these manual steps, depending on your browser type.
How to uninstall www.holasearch.com
Guide to remove Hola Search from Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools and select Add-ons.
- Select Extensions. Uninstall the following extension: Hola to remove Hola Toolbar.
- Click the small magnifier icon at the right top corner. Select Manage Search Engines… from the list.
- Select Search the web (Hola) and click Remove button. Click OK to apply the changes.
- Go to Tools and select Options. Under the General tab reset the startup homepage.
Guide to remove Hola Search from Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome and click on the Google Chrome Menu icon (the three lines on the right hand side of the screen). Then click on Settings.
- Under On startup, choose the option Open a specific page or set of pages. Then click on Set Pages and delete Hola’s page from the list by clicking the small “x” icon beside it. Then click OK.
- Back on the settings screen under Search click on Manage search engines. If you see Hola Search as a default search, click on a different option and then click Make Default. Then click on Done.
- Once again back on the settings page, click on Extensions on the upper left side of the screen. Remove any Hola extension that you do not want from the list by clicking on the small trash can icon.
Guide to remove Hola Search from Internet Explorer:
- Select Control Panel from the Start Menu. From the control panel select Uninstall a Program. Find Hola toolbar on IE in the list, select it and click on the Uninstall button near the top of that window.
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on the Menu Icon (the small gear) and select Manage Add-ons.
- From Manage Add-ons menu, Select Toolbars and Extensions. Uninstall everything related to Hola from the list that you do not want by clicking on the program name and then clicking on the Disable button on the bottom right of the screen.
- Next, Select Search Providers from the left hand side of the Manage Ad-ons screen. First of all, choose a search engine and make it your default search provider (set as default). Then select Search the web (Hola) and click Remove button to uninstall it (lower right corner of the window). Finally, click Close.