Windows Premium Shield is a newest example of rogue antivirus programs. This hoax is the product of cyber hackers who want users to share some of their hard-earned funds with them. This is a typical method how hackers aim to trick and scare users into wasting their money. The scareware promises that it will remove all allegedly detected infections on the condition that users first buy its licensed version, so-called ultimate protection. Hopefully, this will never be the case with you. Do not perform the tricky instructions of this virus program that dared to name itself as Windows Premium Shield.
The malware acts typically like all other rogues. It enters your system without asking permission from user. It doesn’t even let users know about its infiltration attempt. Furthermore, it modifies the system settings of the infected PC in such a manner that makes it possible for the virus programt to be started automatically together with every system startup. This means that this virus program would come up each time you turn your computer on. Immediately the virus begins to implement its malicious activities. First, it runs the bogus scan of your system that is completed within a couple of minutes. Then it reports all kinds of infections, such as worms, trojans, adware, spyware, keyloggers, dialers, etc. The final step for the hoax is to push you to the point where you will be asked by the hoax to buy its so-called full or licensed version, which is not able to remove real threats. As for those it reports about – they’re all but fake and invented. In the case when real infections plan to attack your system – Windows Premium Shield scam will turn out to be totally useless software. It will neither warn you of virus infiltration attempts nor will it help you get rid of all real threats.
Removal of Windows Premium Shield virus is the logical step one must undertake. In order to make it possible please follow the step-by-step guide below that will explain the basic milestones of how this hoax can be deleted from your system. If you have any questions associated with malware removal please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at any time of your convenience.
Removal tool for Windows Premium Shield rogue antivirus:
Detailed removal instructions:
Primary removal solution:
- Wait until Windows Premium Shield completes its fake scan. To remove the blockage of your Desktop with this rogue click “Settings” and place a checkmark on “Allow unprotected startup“:
- Shut down the window of Windows Premium Shield rogue antivirus and ignore all its pop-up windows, like this one:
- Click “OK“.
- Open cmd.exe command ad explained below – Start – All programs – Accessories – Commant Prompt:
- Note that you should open cmd.exe command as Administrator in Windows by right-clicking “cmd.exe” and selecting such option.
- Type this command in cmd.exe opened as Administrator – taskkill /F /IM guard* and press “Enter“:
- You will get the confirmation of Windows Premium Shield process terminated successfully:
- Now download Trojan Killer, install it and run scan with it. Click “Apply” at the end of scan.
- Perform a hard restart of your computer and restart into Safe Mode with Command Prompt:
- Choose your infected operating system and user account which got infected with Windows Premium Shield rogue.
- Type the following command:
- Select “Y” option and press Enter.
- Type this command to restart your computer with made amendments – shutdown /r /t 0 and press Enter:
- After you’ve restarted your computer download Trojan Killer and scan your system with it.
- Click “Apply” at the end of scan to remove all detected threats.
Alternative removal solution:
reg delete “HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon” /v Shell