Windows Cleaning Toolkit is a fake anti-spyware utility that comes to computers unexpectedly, with the cruelest of intentions. The plan of this fake AV is to convince you that your system is in danger and to prompt you into buying its fake and useless license which is not capable of identifying of removing real security threats and exposing serious malware vulnerabilities. Hence, there’s nothing good to expect of this malicious and helpless application that cannot render the services it promises to you.
Windows Cleaning Toolkit is a master of trickery. This hoax comes up in front of your screen when you don’t even expect anything bad to happen. Immediately the virus begins “scanning” your system for the presence of viruses on it. Surely, this scanning is just the imitation of a real one. The results of this scan are also pretty much perverted. The point is that there are no such infections as reported by Windows Cleaning Toolkit hoax. It simply tries to brainwash you with a lot of untrue information and on this basis to make you think your computer is in danger. Then, of course, the hoax has in mind to prompt you into buying its license, which is a helpless license, in fact.
Please find the excellent removal instructions that will help you get rid of Windows Cleaning Toolkit scam from your system. This guide explains removal of this scam using taskkill.exe command and further application of GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
Removal tool for Windows Cleaning Toolkit rogue antivirus:
Detailed removal instructions:
Primary removal solution:
- Wait until Windows Cleaning Toolkit completes its fake scan. To remove the blockage of your Desktop with this rogue click “Settings” and place a checkmark on “Allow unprotected startup“:
- Shut down the window of Windows Cleaning Toolkit rogue antivirus and ignore all its pop-up windows, like this one:
- Click “OK“.
- Open cmd.exe command ad explained below – Start – All programs – Accessories – Commant Prompt:
- Note that you should open cmd.exe command as Administrator in Windows by right-clicking “cmd.exe” and selecting such option.
- Type this command in cmd.exe opened as Administrator – taskkill /IM guard* and press “Enter“:
- You will get the confirmation of Windows Cleaning Toolkit process terminated successfully:
- Now download Trojan Killer, install it and run scan with it. Click “Apply” at the end of scan.
- Perform a hard restart of your computer and restart into Safe Mode with Command Prompt:
- Choose your infected operating system and user account which got infected with Windows Cleaning Toolkit rogue.
- Type the following command:
- Select “Y” option and press Enter.
- Type this command to restart your computer with made amendments – shutdown /r /t 0 and press Enter:
- After you’ve restarted your computer download Trojan Killer and scan your system with it.
- Click “Apply” at the end of scan to remove all detected threats.
Similar removal video at YouTube:
Alternative removal solution:
reg delete “HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon” /v Shell