Windows Activity Booster is yet another fake antispyware program that deserves to be removed immediately, without hesitation. This is the representative of FakeVimes virus family that is now being actively spread in the world wide web. Without any doubts, this program is the scam that has the cruelest of intentions. Using the comparison words, it is like a wolf in the clothes of a sheep. It comes to your system as some security program that is meant to protect your system, however, inside it is full of covetous plans and evil motives.
The peculiarity of this scam is that it blocks the entire Desktop area after it successfully enters the PC. Of course, the very installation process of this malware is hidden (concealed) from user’s attention. You should be very careful not to trust any portion of deceitful information expressed by this scam.
While the program is being installed onto your computer it amends your PC in a manner that makes it possible for the hoax to be started automatically together with every system startup. The program upon successful launching begins scanning your system and then reports the multitude of fake infections that aren’t even peculiar to your computer. Be very careful! Do not ever buy the so-called ultimate protection (activation code) of Windows Activity Booster. Doing so is a serious mistake on user’s part and the waste of money. Instead of doing as instructed by the crooks please follow the removal guide below that helps remove this scam with GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
Removal tool for Windows Activity Booster rogue antivirus:
Detailed removal instructions:
Primary removal solution:
- Wait until Windows Activity Booster completes its fake scan. To remove the blockage of your Desktop with this rogue click “Settings” and place a checkmark on “Allow unprotected startup“:
- Shut down the window of Windows Activity Booster rogue antivirus and ignore all its pop-up windows, like this one:
- Click “OK“.
- Open cmd.exe command ad explained below – Start – All programs – Accessories – Commant Prompt:
- Note that you should open cmd.exe command as Administrator in Windows by right-clicking “cmd.exe” and selecting such option.
- Type this command in cmd.exe opened as Administrator – taskkill /IM guard* and press “Enter“:
- You will get the confirmation of Windows Activity Booster process terminated successfully:
- Now download Trojan Killer, install it and run scan with it. Click “Apply” at the end of scan.
- Perform a hard restart of your computer and restart into Safe Mode with Command Prompt:
- Choose your infected operating system and user account which got infected with Windows Activity Booster rogue.
- Type the following command:
- Select “Y” option and press Enter.
- Type this command to restart your computer with made amendments – shutdown /r /t 0 and press Enter:
- After you’ve restarted your computer download Trojan Killer and scan your system with it.
- Click “Apply” at the end of scan to remove all detected threats.
Similar removal video at YouTube:
Alternative removal solution:
reg delete “HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon” /v Shell