Windows Active Hotspot virus. Removal guide
Windows Active Hotspot is a rogue antivirus program. It attacks computers that have many vulnerability leaks. The aim of this tool is to disappoint users with the multitude of fake threats supposedly detected by it on your computer. For this goal this program runs many fake scans of your computer and subsequently reports many fake infections. They’re all unreal and must not be treated by you as serious. So, do not be afraid when you hear those bogus virus reports. Instead, you need to follow the careful steps on how to delete this malware effectively from your computer.
Windows Active Hotspot comes to your PC without invitation. Immediately after successful infiltration it modifies your system parameters in such a manner that makes it possible for the hoax to be started automatically together with every Windows startup. Thus, you see this hoax each time you switch the PC on. The very presence of this program is surely annoying, plus it slows down your computer considerably.
Removal of Windows Active Hotspot hoax is a logical step each user should undertake. This can be done either automatically or manually. Automatic removal implies running certain powerful security software. Manual removal is a difficult process since this requires extra technical skills from users, and, of course, this is a more time-consuming process. Please follow the removal guide we’ve provided below to help you get rid of this nasty malware sample from your computer.
Removal tool for Windows Active Hotspot rogue antivirus:
Detailed removal instructions:
Primary removal solution:
- Wait until Windows Active Hotspot completes its fake scan. To remove the blockage of your Desktop with this rogue click “Settings” and place a checkmark on “Allow unprotected startup“:
- Shut down the window of Windows Active Hotspot rogue antivirus and ignore all its pop-up windows, like this one:
- Click “OK“.
- Open cmd.exe command ad explained below – Start – All programs – Accessories – Commant Prompt:
- Note that you should open cmd.exe command as Administrator in Windows by right-clicking “cmd.exe” and selecting such option.
- Type this command in cmd.exe opened as Administrator – taskkill /IM guard* and press “Enter“:
- You will get the confirmation of Windows Active Hotspot process terminated successfully:
- Now download Trojan Killer, install it and run scan with it. Click “Apply” at the end of scan.
- Perform a hard restart of your computer and restart into Safe Mode with Command Prompt:
- Choose your infected operating system and user account which got infected with Windows Active Hotspot rogue.
- Type the following command:
- Select “Y” option and press Enter.
- Type this command to restart your computer with made amendments – shutdown /r /t 0 and press Enter:
- After you’ve restarted your computer download Trojan Killer and scan your system with it.
- Click “Apply” at the end of scan to remove all detected threats.
Similar removal video at YouTube:
Alternative removal solution:
reg delete “HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon” /v Shell