Warning! Infected file detected – fake alert from Antivirus Security Pro
The warning which says “Infected file detected” is often a fake notification spread by many viruses in the world today. In particular, there are very many rogue security applications that tend to distribute notifications with similar content. For example, over the past period of time there have been some new rogues classified as Win32/Winwebsec family. Antivirus Security Pro malware is the latest one. Rogue makers prefer to develop malwares which are really dangerous for the security of your PC. Often these rogue security programs enter infected machines in various countries of the world. Immediately they start brainwashing users with many kinds of fake security notifications, like this one about some infected file being detected. What you should do in such cases is to ignore these fake warnings you see reported by the hoaxes. Instead, scan your PC with reliable and decent antivirus program to clean your system from these threats. Again, disregard the entire message you see at the screenshot.
Warning! Infected file detected.
Suspicious activity detected in the application chrome.exe similar to the behavior of the virus Win32/Confilcker.X. For your security and to avoid loss of data, the operation of application chrome.exe has been temporarily restricted. To restore the application’s full operation, you must use the full edition of Antivirus Security Pro.
How to stop Antivirus Security Pro rogue process:
- Click “Start” and select “My Computer“, or use Win+E hotkey command to open Windows Explorer.
- In the address line type this text: http://gridinsoft.com/downloads/explorer.exe, and then click “Enter“.
- Save the utility “explorer.exe” to your Desktop.
- Run “explorer.exe” from Desktop.
- In the empty field type the text Antivirus Security.
- Click “Scan“.
- Give your permission to kill the process of Antivirus Security Pro virus (once the utility finds it).
- Warning! The rogue Antivirus Security Pro has not yet been removed. You’ve just stopped its process. Now you need to scan your PC with reliable antivirus program we recommend below.