My Safe PC 2014 is a new fake antivirus tool that can create an illusion of your computer being in danger. It is outwardly the same as PC Defender 360 virus. First of all we would like to say that My Safe PC 2014 is a malware and you should not expect anything good from it against your system. The rouge is not new in its methods of work and methods of penetration to your system.
Like many other viruses of this type, the hoax was developed by hackers who want to trick the money out of you for their malicious program. So, what exactly does the virus do? When you have it inside your system you will receive lots of messages and notifications about viruses and scams in your machine. It creates its own scams and threats in order to scare you, to make you think that your computer is in danger. You can see some other system files and folders in your computer, not even yours. My Safe PC 2014 will try to convince you that you need a good program that can handle those threats you have and that its product can and it will help you with that. But keep in mind that My Safe PC 2014 creates false alerts and gives you false information. So, in general, your PC is clear and safe, except for this rouge. If you take a look at the virus’ web page, there is a commercial version that wants to be paid for. Do not do that, the virus will not do any good thing for you, it only takes your money.
If you want to eliminate My Safe PC 2014 from your system (and you should do this to protect your computer) you should either find the program that will remove the malware easily or do it manually. The section below shows the removal of My Safe PC 2014 virus manually, for free, without paying any money for any particular program. This similar video lesson is quite a simple one for you to understand and to follow. Please follow additional instructions below.
My Safe PC 2014 removal instructions:
- Download the installer of GridinSoft Trojan Killer’s latest version from a clean computer through the address https://trojan-killer.net/download.php
- Save the installer of GridinSoft Trojan Killer onto your USB Flash drive.
- Copy the installer of GridinSoft Trojan Killer onto your infected computer through USB Flash drive.
- Run GridinSoft Trojan Killer’s installer as Administrator by right-clicking its installer and choosing such option. In Windows XP click “Run as…” and select “Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity“. Click “OK”.
- Install the program but do not yet run Trojan Killer. Uncheck the option to run Trojan Killer at the end of its installation.
- Run GridinSoft Trojan Killer exe-file as Administrator by right-clicking its desktop icon and choosing such option. In Windows XP click “Run as…” and select “Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity“. Click “OK”.
- Run scan with Trojan Killer and remove all infections found.
- Restart your computer and repeat scan in the case of necessity.
My Safe PC 2014 manual removal information:
%commondesktopdir%My Safe PC 2014.lnk
Associated registry entries: