Windows Accelerator Pro is another virus that belongs to FakeVimes malware clan. The goal of this fake anti-malware program is to make users believe their computer is in danger, after the series of fake scans initiated and bogus virus reports of this hoax presented in front of user. Be very careful not to trust any scary information stated by this rogue program.
Windows Accelerator Pro scam installs itself without user’s consent, permission or approval. This process is carried out in a hidden manner, thus you cannot terminate it ahead of time. While the installation is taking place, the virus modifies your system in order to make itself launch automatically with every system startup. This means that as soon as you turn your computer on the Window of this hoax will appear on a regular basis. The hoax will run the series of fake scans of your computer and then will report many fake infections. As we’ve mentioned already, they’re all invented and unreal. The goal of this fake antispyware tool is to make users buy its full version (ultimate protection), but it is not able to remove real security threats when they do attack your system. Thus, it appears that Windows Accelerator Pro is a totally helpless program when it comes to security of your computer.
Can’t you uninstall Windows Accelerator Pro virus? Well, you’re not alone, there are many users who experience the same problems. The problem with this malware is that it disables many necessary programs that could facilitate the removal process of this hoax. Thus, you can’t run Task Manager, Registry Editor, available security programs, etc. You might also experience the difficulty downloading them. If these problems are yours, why don’t you follow our simple and clear removal guide that explains how this fake anti-virus tool can be removed effectively with GridinSoft Trojan Killer? If you have any questions or problems while doing so, please get in touch with us immediately for further assistance.
Removal tool for Windows Accelerator Pro rogue antivirus:
Detailed removal instructions:
Primary removal solution:
- Wait until Windows Accelerator Pro completes its fake scan. To remove the blockage of your Desktop with this rogue click “Settings” and place a checkmark on “Allow unprotected startup“:
- Shut down the window of Windows Accelerator Pro rogue antivirus and ignore all its pop-up windows, like this one:
- Click “OK“.
- Open cmd.exe command ad explained below – Start – All programs – Accessories – Commant Prompt:
- Note that you should open cmd.exe command as Administrator in Windows by right-clicking “cmd.exe” and selecting such option.
- Type this command in cmd.exe opened as Administrator – taskkill /F /IM guard* and press “Enter“:
- You will get the confirmation of Windows Accelerator Pro process terminated successfully:
- Now download Trojan Killer, install it and run scan with it. Click “Apply” at the end of scan.
- Perform a hard restart of your computer and restart into Safe Mode with Command Prompt:
- Choose your infected operating system and user account which got infected with Windows Accelerator Pro rogue.
- Type the following command:
- Select “Y” option and press Enter.
- Type this command to restart your computer with made amendments – shutdown /r /t 0 and press Enter:
- After you’ve restarted your computer download Trojan Killer and scan your system with it.
- Click “Apply” at the end of scan to remove all detected threats.
Alternative removal solution:
reg delete “HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon” /v Shell