Start4u is a browser hijacker. At first glance, it seems that the software employs Google database for displaying data. But actually, Start4u is not a reliable browsing tool. The software will offer you quick search, however, it is a fake. The unwanted program is designed to generate profit for its creators. We recommend you to eliminate it. The guide below explains how to do it quickly and effectively.
Start4u is a parasite that spread via free application. Therefore, you might be not aware how it may sneak into your PC. If you want to keep your system clean, you should care about your PC. We recommend you to install GridinSoft Anti-Malware. First of all, it will delete all dangerous files and programs from your system. What`s more, it may improve speed of your internet browsers and block malicious installers.
Start4u hijacker will display a malicious content. You need to stay away from such data, because it may include junkware, viruses and other unwanted programs. Also, it may open backdoor to various PUPs, hijackers, adware. As a result, the scammers may track your passwords and other personal data.
Start4u hijacker removal tool:
Removal guide for Start4u hijacker:
STEP 1. Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Download the installation file and click “Install“.
STEP 2. Perform a scan for Start4u hijacker:
Start GridinSoft Anti-Malware – go to “Scan” tab – click “Quick Scan“. If you start program for the first time, this tab will be selected by default and “Quick Scan” will be launched automatically.
STEP 3. Apply actions to detected items:
When scanning process is over, select “Move to quarantine” in top right corner and click “Apply” at the bottom.
NOTE: It is advised to check the box in bottom left corrner “Create Restore Point“. This will allow you to return to that point in your system, befor our program removed detected files.
STEP 4. Reset your browser settings:
NOTE: We advise you to save your data in all active browser windows, this step will close all sessions!
Go to “Tools” tab – click “Reset Browser Settings“. In the first column, you need to choose your internet browser that is infected with Start4u hijacker. In second column, we advise you to choose “Start page” and “Search engines” options. But you may correct them as you wish. If you don’t know what to choose, then follow our advice.
STEP 5. Turn on Real-time protection:
Go to “Protection” tab and click “Start” button. This will turn on a “Real-time protection” in GridinSoft Anti-malware. When this feature enabled, our program will prevent malicious activities on your computer. If some malware or adware will try to install itself on your computer – it will be immediatly blocked by our program.
Here is a video on how to remove hijackers (and not only!) with GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Prevention tips on how to avoid being reinfected with Start4u hijacker:
- Don’t click on any advertisements on the web! You can be redirected on a potentially viral or phishing page.
- Don’t download or open any files from your email! Millions of malicious files are spreading through email spam messaging, open attached files only if you absolutely sure in who sent this message.
- Avoid suspicious website! Cyber criminals are created whole website to fool users and make them download malicious and bundled program from there.
- Use anti-malware software!
- Perform a scan at least once a week! In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do it automaticly by setting up a scheduled scan.
- Don’t install or download files from shady and unreliable websites! This one is important, more than 50% of infected users were infected with such scam.
If you still have any questions or your problem wasn’t solved – submit a ticket to our friendly support team.