Hot Laps is deemed as a browser hijacker. The software may be installed without your solution. It will display various irrelevant data, advertisements. You need to delete Hot Laps hijacker as soon as possible. Otherwise, the unwanted program may put your privacy at risk.
At first glance, Hot Laps may look like a legit software. But it is a trick. Hot Laps hijacker will change your homepage without your knowledge. Also, the app will redirect you to unsafe places on the Web. Thus, you should not use Hot Laps to search data. Also, it may track your preferences. It means, your every step online (web history, favorite sites, so forth) will be recorded.
Hot Laps may spread bundled with a shareware or a freeware. Thus, you may install it together with a gaming application or other a cost-free program. GridinSoft Anti-Malware will delete all malicious and dangerous files quickly and effectively. We recommend you to follow the tips below to remove Hot Laps virus fully.
Automatic removal tool for Hot Laps hijacker:
Hot Laps virus removal instructions
You must scan your computer system.
Shut down all your available browsers.
STEP 3 You need to enable On-Run Protection.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Block Always”.
Prevention tips on how to avoid being reinfected with Hot Laps hijacker:
- Don’t click on any advertisements on the web! You can be redirected on a potentially viral or phishing page.
- Don’t download or open any files from your email! Millions of malicious files are spreading through email spam messaging, open attached files only if you absolutely sure in who sent this message.
- Avoid suspicious website! Cyber criminals are created whole website to fool users and make them download malicious and bundled program from there.
- Use anti-malware software!
- Perform a scan at least once a week! In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do it automatically by setting up a scheduled scan.
- Don’t install or download files from shady and unreliable websites! This one is important, more than 50% of infected users were infected with such scam.
If you still have any questions or your problem wasn’t solved – submit a ticket to our friendly support team.