Meprotection.exe (Internet Security 2013 scam)
Meprotection.exe is yet another malicious process related to Internet Security virus. The problems caused by this hoax and its presence on the attacked computer are surely considerable. The rogue doesn’t let user run any legitimate program. This relates to any kind of software which is an executable, not just antiviruses of built-in system utilities of Windows operating system. However, if you know how to stop the process of Internet Security virus (which is now called meprotection.exe), then you will be able to eventually remove the malware completely from your system.
Internet Security virus reports all executable files as ones infected with W32/Blaster.Worm fake infection. For example, when you attempt to run Task Manager to stop meprotection.exe active virus process, the rogue will report Task Manager as infected with W32/Blaster.Worm. Same thing happens when you attempt to launch GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
Knowing the solution to terminate meprotection.exe, the process of Internet Security malware, is a key to further successful elimination of this dangerous software. Use the guide below that explains the removal steps in all details.
How to stop Internet Security virus process:
- Click “Start” and select “My Computer“, or use Win+E hotkey command to open Windows Explorer.
- In the address line type this text: http://gridinsoft.com/downloads/explorer.exe, and then click “Enter“.
- Save the utility “explorer.exe” to your Desktop.
- Run “explorer.exe” from Desktop.
- In the empty field type the name of this virus – Internet Security (with space and beginning capital letters).
- Click “Scan“.
- Give your permission to kill the process of Internet Security (once the utility finds it).
- Warning! The rogue Internet Security has not yet been removed. You’ve just stopped its process meprotection.exe. Now you need to scan your PC with reliable antivirus program we recommend below.