Search.worthut.com belongs to hijacker family. The software is not a terrible computer infection. Usually, it will replaces some Internet browser settings. Thus, you may detect a new homepage when you open your web browser. On the one hand, it may seem like harmless app, however, on the other hand it will cause a severe problems. We recommend you to get rid of search.worthut.com hijacker from your system.
So, you face search.worthut.com. The parasite hijacks your homepage without your solution or knowledge. Furthermore, it will try to redirect you to suspicious web pages. Usually, users may download malicious files from such internet resources. Worst of all, if you decide to purchase some goods. The scammers may record your data. Thus, they may steal your personal information. We recommend you to stay away from search.worthut.com.
The hijacker may spread bundled with regular app, for example game or music player. Therefore, you need to always read that you decide to install. If you detect any doubtful elements, such as search.worthut.com, you should deselect them.
Search.worthut.com hijacker removal tool:
Removal guide for Search.worthut.com hijacker:
STEP 1. Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Download the installation file and click “Install“.
STEP 2. Perform a scan for Search.worthut.com hijacker:
Start GridinSoft Anti-Malware – go to “Scan” tab – click “Quick Scan“. If you start program for the first time, this tab will be selected by default and “Quick Scan” will be launched automaticly.
STEP 3. Apply actions to detected items:
When scanning process is over, select “Move to quarantine” in top right corner and click “Apply” at the bottom.
NOTE: It is advised to check the box in bottom left corrner “Create Restore Point“. This will allow you to return to that point in your system, befor our program removed detected files.
STEP 4. Reset your browser settings:
NOTE: We advise you to save your data in all active browser windows, this step will close all sessions!
STEP 5. Turn on On-Run protection:
Go to “Protection” tab and click “Start” button. This will turn on a “On-Run protection” in GridinSoft Anti-malware. When this feature enabled, our program will prevent malicious activities on your computer. If some malware or adware will try to install itself on your computer – it will be immediatly blocked by our program.
Prevention tips on how to avoid being reinfected with Search.worthut.com hijacker:
- Don’t click on any advertisements on the web! You can be redirected on a potentially viral or phishing page.
- Don’t download or open any files from your email! Millions of malicious files are spreading through email spam messaging, open attached files only if you absolutely sure in who sent this message.
- Avoid suspicious website! Cyber criminals are created whole website to fool users and make them download malicious and bundled program from there.
- Use anti-malware software!
- Perform a scan at least once a week! In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do it automaticly by setting up a scheduled scan.
- Don’t install or download files from shady and unreliable websites! This one is important, more than 50% of infected users were infected with such scam.
If you still have any questions or your problem wasn’t solved – submit a ticket to our friendly support team.