Search.searchfacoupons.com (or Find Active Coupons) is a new browser hijacker. The unwanted app is designed to alter settings of your Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer and redirect you to commercial web sites. Thus, every time you will search data, it will display irrelevant data. You need to remove it. Otherwise, you may face more severe issues.
So, search.searchfacoupons.com is able to display various useless information. But worse of all, it is that clicking on these suspicious search results can lead you to highly malicious Internet webpages. Note, usually, users won’t be notified about their reliability. Such web resources may host unsafe files, fake updates, malicious programs. Therefore, security experts highly recommend to bypass offers to install something on your computer from doubtful websites.
To sum up, search.searchfacoupons.com aims to earn revenue for its developers. This nasty app looks like other reliable search engine however, it doesn’t really have any real value. You should be aware, the best solution is to remove the hijacker right away. Otherwise, this fake search engine will track your habits online and redirect you to harmful web sites.
Search.searchfacoupons.com hijacker removal tool:
Removal guide for search.searchfacoupons.com virus:
You must scan your computer system.
Shut down all your available browsers.
STEP 3 You need to enable On-Run Protection.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious programs, you must select “Block Always”.
Prevention tips on how to avoid being reinfected with search.searchfacoupons.com malware:
- Don’t click on any advertisements on the web! You can be redirected to a potentially viral or phishing page.
- Don’t download or open any files from your email! Millions of malicious files are spreading through email spam messaging, open attached files only if you absolutely sure in who sent this message.
- Avoid suspicious website! Cyber criminals are created whole website to fool users and make them download malicious and bundled program from there.
- Use anti-malware software!
- Perform a scan at least once a week! In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do it automatically by setting up a scheduled scan.
- Don’t install or download files from shady and unreliable websites! This one is important, more than 50% of infected users were infected with such a scam.
If you still have any questions or your problem wasn’t solved – submit a ticket to our friendly support team.