12kotov.ru (or if to be more specific http://lawsol.ru) is web site what will help user to find what they want on the Internet. It looks like a common search engine with many different news. Actually 12kotov.ru classified as potentially unwanted program and browser hijacker what can be installed randomly on your computer. This site is just a scam what unfortunately can infect all well known browsers include Edge, Safari, Mozila, Opera, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. This site will display many different error or caution message every time you try to close it and often will try do download more viruses on your computer.
12kotov.ru can appear if you infect with some hijacker or if you install free software from the Internet. Be careful with program what you download from suspicious sites, most of them have bundled with other software, so never allow install such program with “Custom” options. Always check “Advanced” option, so you can cancel installations of unwanted programs. After 12kotov.ru becomes part of your system you will be redirected to it every time you go online. Never allow to download any program from this site or your computer will be infected with more viruses and you can lose the whole system in no time. If you want to protect your personal data and your computer, you should remove 12kotov.ru now! Only deleting of 12kotov.ru make your PC secured place.
12kotov.ru hijacker removal tool:
Removal guide for 12kotov.ru hijacker:
STEP 1. Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
STEP 2. Perform a scan for 12kotov.ru hijacker:
STEP 3. Apply actions to detected items:
When scanning process is over, select “Move to quarantine” in top right corner and click “Apply” at the bottom.
NOTE: It is advised to check the box in bottom left corrner “Create Restore Point“. This will allow you to return to that point in your system, befor our program removed detected files.
STEP 4. Reset your browser settings:
NOTE: We advise you to save your data in all active browser windows, this step will close all sessions!
Go to “Tools” tab – click “Reset Browser Settings“. In the first column, you need to choose your internet browser that is infected with 12kotov.ru hijacker. In second column, we advise you to choose “Start page” and “Search engines” options. But you may correct them as you wish. If you don’t know what to choose, then follow our advice.
STEP 5. Turn on On-Run Protection:
Go to “Protection” tab and click “Start” button. This will turn on a “On-Run Protection” in GridinSoft Anti-malware. When this feature enabled, our program will prevent malicious activities on your computer. If some malware or adware will try to install itself on your computer – it will be immediatly blocked by our program.
Here is a video on how to remove hijackers (and not only!) with GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
Prevention tips on how to avoid being reinfected with 12kotov.ru hijacker:
- Don’t click on any advertisements on the web! You can be redirected on a potentially viral or phishing page.
- Don’t download or open any files from your email! Millions of malicious files are spreading through email spam messaging, open attached files only if you absolutely sure in who sent this message.
- Avoid suspicious website! Cyber criminals are created whole website to fool users and make them download malicious and bundled program from there.
- Use anti-malware software!
- Perform a scan at least once a week! In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do it automaticly by setting up a scheduled scan.
- Don’t install or download files from shady and unreliable websites! This one is important, more than 50% of infected users were infected with such scam.
If you still have any questions or your problem wasn’t solved – submit a ticket to our friendly support team.