What is Odin Ransomware?
Odin is yet of one ransomware. Security experts claim it is a new version of Locky ransomware. You may get the pest via malicious e-mail attachments, spam. We recommend you to be careful and attentiу. Keep in mind, you need to avoid suspicious links, unknown software as well. Below you may find the instructions how to protect your computer system from Odin ransomware.
So, the virus may be installed without your knowledge. Once installed, it will run malicious encrypted file Rundll32.exe. It encrypts and renames your important files (for instance, .doc, .ppt, .php, .html, etc.) Thus, all files stored on the computer will be encrypted. We notice that Odin has identical conduct to its previous version (Locky). After encryption, this version appends \”.odin\” to all your photos, pictures, documents.
How to protect my system?
In order to avoid such trouble, we recommend you to use GridinSoft Anti-Ransomware. The software is a powerful tool that allows to block Odin virus and other ransomware. In fact, the program will mislead the virus. It uses way called vaccination. The ransomware will deem that the PC is already infected. You may download the app below.
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Ransomware.
- You need to enable the app.
- Stay safe!
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infected with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!